This is my own build of the Mongoose web server for Windows. Based on the Mongoose library and web_server example from https://github.com/cesanta/mongoose/. Its main purpose is to serve for some local experiments and to respond (the 404 code) to the request for many ad and counter sites, which my etc/hosts file redirects to localhost.
• The 'no-such-page' (404) response is very short.• The log file has shorter date format and no browser agent info.
• The web server starts as a usual windows program, not console program. Running mongoose.exe /h shows short help in a message window, together with the server features info, like -AU +CGI -DAV +DL +FS -I6 +LOG +MM +PO +SSI -SSL +WS. They correspond to the build #defines.
• The web server can be shut down by accessing some url, the corresponding option is shutdown_command. Example: shutdown_command /doshutdown in the config file will allow you to shut down the server after accessing url http://yourhost/doshutdown.
• It's possible to specify different CGI interpreters based on the file extension, that is such files must not contain the '#!' string. The option is cgi_interpreters. Example: cgi_interpreters .py .pyc >C:\Python\python.exe .ijs >C:\J\bin\jconsole.exe (extensions and commands are all separated by blanks, '>' marks commands). Indeed these files must match the cgi_pattern too.
• The first line of the CGI script files can start with 'NB.' instead of '#!'. This is done for the J language.
mongoose569.7z (78kB, mongoose.htm mongoose.h mongoose.c web_server.c bld.bat mongoose.exe mongoose.conf).
Copyright (C) 2015, G.Pruss.